Co-authored with Elizabeth Drescher, Click2Save: The Digital Ministry Bible, is a hands-on guide to using social media in ministry. Click was published in 2012 by Morehouse Press, a division Church Publishing, the publishing house of The Episcopal Church.
My forthcoming book on ministry leadership in a digitally-integrated world is called The Digital Cathedral: Networked Ministry in a Wireless World (Morehouse, 2015).
Articles and posts
Digital Cathedral Five-Part Series for the New Media Project
- "The Digital Cathedral: Networked Ministry for a Wireless World" (January 2014)
- The Digital Cathedral: Doctor Who: Model for Digitally Integrated Ministry? (February 2014)
- The Digital Cathedral: Coffeehouses as Social Media? Pubs as Sacred Space? (March, 2014)
- The Digital Cathedral: Visual and Immersive Faith Formation (March, 2014)
- The Digital Cathedral: Shifting Institutions to Networks (April, 2014)
"Five Must-Reads on Religion and Social Media" for Religion Dispatches (December 2013)
"#firstcenturyproblems (Matthew 1:18-25)" for the Odyssey Networks ONScripture series (December 2013)
"@Pontifex Signs Off: Exploring Benedict's Digital Media Legacy" for the New Media Project (January 2013)
"Where Two or More are Gathered" about integrating social media and pastoral ministry appeared in the Fall 2011 edition of Yale Divinity School's Reflections.
"The Culture Isn't Killing the Church. Our Grief Is" "Four Things I Learned About Marketing (And Life) From My Dad" and "Top 10 Learnings About Welcoming Newcomers" and "Stop Complaining About Sunday Morning Sports" have appeared in the Lewis Center for Church Leadership Leading Ideas Newsletter
Several blog posts reposted at ELCA Living Lutheran website.